As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for scaling and securing our cloud infrastructure and server deployment that backs our services for large, security-conscious customers. You will play a key role in delivering the services our customers depend upon on a daily level and be essential to our success.
- Work with development teams to automate and streamline releases of our applications.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and administer VMs and networks for our hosted and cloud infrastructure.
- Improve our Docker Swarm configurations to increase availability and scalability.
- Implement and execute security policies; identify and resolve security issues.
- Run scans, and harden server images, configuration, networks, and environments.
- Monitor services infrastructure performance; analyze issues, recommend and implement changes.
- Automate testing of configuration and scripts.
- Document DevOps processes: develop standards to guide operations, support, and maintenance.
- Participate in defect triage and daily meetings.
- Continually enhance your skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business, and information systems.
- Significant professional experience in the field
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and mostly asynchronous work environment (German a plus)
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly communicate about complex technical and architectural problems and propose thorough iterative solutions
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process
- Demonstrated ability to onboard and integrate with an organization long-term
- Practical communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers and clear status updates
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Operating Systems: Unix, LINUX and Mac
- Version Control Tools: GIT, Gitlab
- Network Technologies: Pfsense, ZeroTier, Traffic
- CI/CD Tools: Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Airflow
- Containerization Tools: Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Cloud Platforms: AWS, Google Cloud
- Programming/Scripting: Shell, Python
- Logging & Monitoring Tools: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Grafana
- Device Management: Fleetsmith, Google Enterprise
- High level of responsibility and independence
- Competitive compensation
- Share option package
- Work in an international, diverse and cross-functional team